Tuesday, May 26, 2015

away


 Our backyard view in the countryside:


I can't believe it's been so many days since I last posted but time has flown by. Last week was taken over by my last final, a 10 page long essay on The Dialectic of Enlightenment and the novel Mason&Dixon by Thomas Pynchon. It required a lot of work and I had to put all blogging on hold to get it done. Also, on top of that, I had a few meetings to attend because of my still-secret knitting project. But because of those meetings, I can soon share with you this huge mystery that's been coming together gradually this winter. For an impatient person such as myself, this has been a lesson in accepting that good things tend to come at a slow pace.

When I finally turned my final in on Friday I went straight to packing our bags for the countryside at Lake Mývatn, where we stayed for the weekend. Oddur and the kids relaxed and played outside (they forgot to take photos) while I worked and worked and worked some more. Then they left for Reykjavík yesterday and here I am, "alone", staying at my parents house and working as much as I can. I really miss my kids, it's not easy being away from them. But it's only a few days, and finding a well paying job that offers acceptable working hours for a parent in the summertime can be really hard... I am blessed to have this job at my parents' guesthouse and restaurant. I enjoy my work here a lot, so I focus on being thankful. I'll be back with my babes before I know it. 

I plan on at least trying to keep blogging regularly as I have been the last few months. I have no idea if this is unrealistic or what, but we'll see. Thank you all for continuing to stop by. I promise some great nature photos from the Mývatn area - it is impossible not to be inspired by our incredible surroundings here. 

4 comments:

  1. Nice, I have never been to Iceland, but planning to go in July, hope it will be nice weather…..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your trip! July is the best bet for nice weather around here :)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful place to relax. And forgetting to take pictures because you're too busy having fun outside - that is the way it should be!!

    ReplyDelete