Sunday, April 12, 2015

together

Úlfur's flock of pine cone chickens. The popcorn? Their eggs. 



The little house under the dining room table.


Morning porridge apparently tastes better when sharing a seat. 



I finished Clue #2 in the MKAL...
... and had some help photographing it. 



By chance, I found this yoga book for kids at our local library last week. Úlfur wanted to give it a try.

"Look, mamma, I'm a tree!"


Our herbs have now officially survived the Icelandic winter. Heroes of the plant world. This basil plant is a promising source of some yummy future homemade pesto.


Yet another quiet weekend has passed. Well, not entirely passed maybe, we still have a few hours 'til Monday Morning hits us. I am impatiently waiting for Game of Throne to be on in two hours, Season Five, yes, welcome to my life! I have been waiting for you a long time! However, the reason our weekend was so quiet was the usual; The Everlasting Winter (ironic, since I'm a GoT fan, I know) preventing us from too much outdoor adventures and also The Everlasting Master Studies being performed by me. Studying has been my focus this weekend, well, along with some much needed mkal knitting... my hands need that for my brain to function during all the reading.

But I have been thinking about our weekends and how they tend to always be so quiet and very, hmm, filled with family time. We kind of stay together at home a lot in the weekends. Me and Oddur try to work hard during weekdays and our kids are in daycare/school every weekday from 8-4. That's a lot of hustle and bustle! I think we really enjoy all the staying at home and being together during the weekends (even though we do fight and get irritated with each other as well, it's not quiet all the time...). And I also think all of this time spent together in the apartment is finally resulting in my children accepting each other and getting along in play. This has been a struggle since Ósk learned to crawl and grab on to whatever toy her brother was holding. But now they've grown a little and this is all going much smoother. This weekend I made an effort to try and catch these moments. I got a few. And these photos really put a smile on my face. 

Back to studying I go ! Thank you all for stopping by, I can tell by my statistics that my ratings are on the up. That's better than keeping a blog no one reads, haha. And since this is my 100th post since I started this blog, I'm including a photo of my herbs. My first post was about how I was just starting to grow my own herbs and now, two years later, I've learned a few things and had some success. And I intend to sow a lot more complex herbs and vegetables this spring - more on that later. Cheers to One Hundred!

2 comments:

  1. I am also part of the MKAL, just finishing clue 2 :) are you on ravelry? Looks like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, lets be Ravelry friends! My user name is sigurlaugelin, you should find me at http://www.ravelry.com/people/sigurlaugelin

      Delete