Monday, March 16, 2015

tern-tastic!




Pattern: Lillies top from Babystrik pa pinde 3, by Lene Holme Samsoe
Yarn: Tern, silk and wool blend from Quince&co. 
Needles: 3.0 mm and 2.5 mm








Pattern: Bríet by Hildur Ýr Ísberg 
Yarn: Tern from Quince and Co.
Hooks: 3.5 mm and 3.0 mm

Another very slow weekend has passed, this time because poor little Ósk came down with a bad flu last Thursday.She was feeling a lot better and had no fever on Saturday so I opened the balcony door and let some fresh air and sunshine into the apartment - much to her satisfaction as you can see in the photos. She just happened to be wearing her new vest so I grabbed the camera and the opportunity and snapped some photos of her. As I mentioned earlier it's a size too large so it's more like a little dress. Still cute though! And the color is fitting since Easter is just around the corner. (With her front teeth gap she sort of looks like a little Ester bunny, too, haha!)
But then on Sunday morning she was feeling much worse again, so I'm taking her to see a doctor later today in case this is something serious. I doubt it, but one can never be too sure. 

I did get around to finishing a few things on my to do list, I tidied up my yarn basket and organized my projects, then I finished some little things that have been waiting for my attention for weeks now. I also finished, washed and blocked the little balaclava. I had some trouble with the cuff around the face but ended up changing to a larger hook and then it was fine. I think the outcome is quite adorable and have to recommend this yarn, tern (more info here). Well, actually, I have yet to meet a Quince and Co. type of yarn I did not fall in love with... 

See you tomorrow with a KCCO update!

No comments:

Post a Comment