Wednesday, March 18, 2015

all is well in sock land


A few years ago, probably in my first year or so of knitting, I made an effort to try and learn how to knit socks. This was a very painful process. I ended up frogging a few attempts and only finished a single pair, which took me weeks to get anything close to right and their shape was so ill-fitting they never got much use. That was that and the few (maybe one) attempts I've made since have been just as tragic.

Until now, that is. I finally found a GREAT pattern, Rye from Tin Can Knits, which has clear and simple demonstrations and no room for misunderstanding. So far I have one perfectly fine looking sock finished and am about half way done with the other. The yarn is traditional Lopi sock yarn. I have already decided to make another pair right after I finish this one, as to completely establish my new skill.

Linking up with Frontier Dreams' KCCO as usually.
And I think from now on these work-in-progress posts of mine will officially be posted on Wednesdays, since that seems to work out much better for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment