Sunday, March 29, 2015

my weekend in phone photos

The photo shoot that delayed my camera...

Alone time! Coffee and knitting in sunlight, ahhh. 

An half hour earlier the sun had been shining brightly enough for me to need my sunglasses! Hence their graceful presence on top of my head.  

River/forest exploring in wacky weather.

Followed by some popcorn in the sun, which out of the blue came from behind the snow clouds. 

Pine cones had to be washed when we got home (much splashing of water included)

Some actual sewing happening!

I am working on a secret knitting design project along with a group of incredibly talented designers (lucky me, I know!) and so we needed a few professional photos. I had to ask for the camera back from my friends only to give it to another friend who did me a favor and photographed it for us. She wanted to use my camera because of the nice Sigma lens it has. The camera never even made it into my house in the meantime... I'll go pick it up tomorrow before we head up north to Lake Myvatn for Easter with my family. It'll be a much anticipated reunion (both with the camera and the family). Hence, all my photos this time are from my phone camera - ick.

Our weekend has been fun. We had semi-sunny weather, meaning it was sunny and nice half of the time and snowing the other half. Weird. We went for a family forest walk and brought home some pine cones. Who knew they were to be found in spring time, half buried under all the snow? It was a nice surprise and made Úlfur so happy.

Oh, and I took the leap into sewing! My first project is the "Family heart" from Amanda Blake Soule's The Handmade Home since I had all the materials and it seems simple enough. And I made it and it looks totally legit. Success! I've had my sewing machine for almost three years and so far only used it for steeking and mending. This is a good step forward, wouldn't you agree? Me and Úlfur also started to work on the word banner from the same book. He picked it out himself and requested his own name (surprise!). I am trying to include him a lot but since I'm a total beginner myself it's a rather comic situation. I'll spare you the details.

I'll be back soon with photos from my beautiful lake side. Spring is my favorite season in the Myvatn area (summer is a close second) and we haven't spent Easter there in four years so I suppose my camera will be overworked just a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment