Wednesday, March 25, 2015

knitting a milo and considering a new craft


You'll have to excuse my absence the past few days and the horrid quality of today's photo. My camera has been visiting dear friends of ours who recently had a baby. I am a bit jealous of the darned camera for getting to spend so much time with a newborn (although I am so.not.having.more.kids.any.time.soon.or.maybe.ever) but in the meantime I am learning to live without having to photograph anything and everything we do. It seems to be a lesson well needed. I had no idea this machine had such a grip on me! Letting it go is probably the best way to reconsider our relationship a bit, I'd say. I can still use my phone camera for emergencies, such as photographing works-in-progress to share with the world.

This week's project is a little Milo for my Ósk who, well, needs another little vest since the last one I knit was too big. I'm using the softest pink angora, leftovers from the hat I made myself a few weeks ago, and this lovely Shibui baby alpaca in grey-blue. It was a gift from my amazing friend Linda, who brought it to me when Ósk was just born. Only a true knitter friend knows what's even better than receiving the softest baby handknits: Receiving the softest baby yarn to handknit! It did take me a while to find the right pattern but Milo is so it. I am changing it a wee bit, inspired by this incredibly cute one Nicole made, and skipping the cable. Although I'd like to make another one someday and try it with the cable as well. 

I have also just discovered Soulemama's blog and books. Oh, my! The inspiration! The goodness! I might have to start sewing soon, I even got out my (tiny) stash of fabric and contemplated on just how courageous I really am. We'll see if this goes anywhere. My sewing skills are very poor though I've always wanted to be one of those people who can just whip up a sundress or a pillowcase or a last-minute-gift or whatever. My great-grandmother, grandmother and mom are like that... perhaps it's about time I lived up to the legacy!

...
Go check out the KCCO link up at Frontier Dreams - inspiring as always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment