Sunday, March 1, 2015

lillies top in tern




Pattern: Lillies top from Babystrik pa pinde 3, by Lene Holme Samsoe
Yarn: Tern, silk and wool blend from Quince&co. 
Needles: 3.0 mm and 2.5 mm

I just finished this little vest for my daughter. I say little, but in truth it is actually quite large. I made size 18 - 24 months since my little receiver will hit 18 months tomorrow (no, it's past midnight, scratch that! Today!), but I'd say it's more like a size 2 -4 year old. She had a bit of a fever and cold this weekend so she was not fit for a photosession, but I did try the vest on real quick and it looked more like a dress. A cute dress, though, and this way it'll last her longer anyway... 

Still, I might have to knit a new vest in a smaller fit since that was really what I was aiming for. I'm thinking it's time to try this pattern I've wanted to try forever.

Hopefully I'll remember getting photos of her wearing her little Lillies top. Life is busy these days with lots of schoolwork but I seem to fit in a bit of knitting and playing with the children everyday so all is well. See you Tuesday with my current WIP!

2 comments:

  1. It's lovely, perhaps it is better that it is a little too big?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Well, yes, the bright side is that too big is much better than too small :)

      Delete