Thursday, February 26, 2015

at last









Pattern: Corrina Ferguson, published in Pom Pom Quarterly, issue 6
Yarn: Geilsk Hamp og uld from Litla prjonabuðin
Needles: 4.5 mm
(Months in making: 10)







Well. I am officially back to blogging. And for those of you who have been following me for long enough to have been introduced to my troubles with the Morganite sweater, I finally have photo bound proof that it is completely finished an very lovely indeed. The winter season is the absolute worst time for photographs in Iceland since we have so little daylight but after weeks of pondering, I decided a winter picnic to Heiðmörk on a still but cold day would do the trick. It did. And the kids were happy, they got to play with the snow and eat cinnamon rolls while I played model for documentary purposes only. I know someday, when I'm older I'll be glad I endured this awkward posing in the woods. I better, actually. 

My gauge, sadly, was off (although my gauge check before cast on was fine) so the sweater is a bit on the large side. In hindsight I can see I should have made it a size smaller, but that's okay. Better too big than too small. Cozier that way, too. 

I plan on at least keeping up my weekly rhythm in KCCO on Tuesdays and than doing 1-2 more posts per week including finished objects and some knitting news. It's good to be back! 

6 comments:

  1. Gullfalleg peysa! Og liturinn æði:-) fallegar myndir af þér líka:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jibbí! Gaman að lesa nýtt blogg frá þér! Og peysan er alveg gullfalleg. Ég er sammála, hún er bara mjög fín svona stór og virkar kósý :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Takk! Já, það var tími til kominn... Nú brýt ég bara heilann um hvaða peysa verður næst, þetta peysuprjón á sjálfið er mjög ávanabindandi!

      Delete
  3. Þetta er með fallegri peysum sem ég hef séð! Til hamingju með hana.
    Kveðja, Þorbjörg (laumulesari)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Þakka þér fyrir - laumulesarar alltaf velkomnir :)

      Delete