Wednesday, November 26, 2014

we interrupt this hiatus for an important announcement


Photo by genius Lilja Birgisdóttir

Well, I know it's been over a month and that's not the best strategy to keep readers around and I apologize. A few weeks ago I kind of hit a wall with the whole masters studies, having two kids and trying to design knitwear in the little spare time I had, all the while keeping a semi-functional home and having a social life. I was doing nothing very well and the worst part was that it was showing in my progress at school, or lack there of. So, I got a grip, got around to some serious studying and pushed everything around me that does not breath, such as this blog, to the bottom of the priority list. Sometimes a blogger's gotta do what a blogger's gotta do! 

But now I'm back with some great news. Not only that my hard work is paying off in school (yay!) but also that a brand new crochet book, Heklfélagið, has been published and will hit book stores here in Iceland tomorrow. It is a collection of patterns from 15 designers. And I am the proud maker of one design in it, the yellow little crocodile stitch cardigan Ósk is wearing in the photo above! It is my first design ever and I am very proud of it. It's Icelandic name is Sumargola, which would translate as Summer breeze, as it is very light and summery. However it will be available only in the book for a while due to copyright. But Heklfélagið contains so many amazing crochet patterns, I strongly advice anyone who can read Icelandic to get a copy. I am very flattered to be in the company of such amazing crochet designers.
For those living in Iceland, we are having a party to celebrate the book tomorrow! You are all welcome! More here

Thank you all, who have stuck around and keep visiting this space. And thanks, universe, for crochet!
Best wishes,
Sigurlaug Elín

ps. I am completely smitten with the photo of Ósk - how cute is this little bean of mine? 

3 comments: