Tuesday, October 21, 2014

the coldest season







We woke up to a white world this morning. Winter's first snow! Ulfur and I celebrated by lighting a winter candle we have patiently had stored away, singing winter songs and of course going out to play in Winter Wonderland. We made a snowman and took a walk, it was all very cold and white. Afterwards we had hot chocolate and Ulfur felt that his little Elf should wear a wool sock to keep warm. I agreed.

Things are progressing well on my Morganite sweater, I keep to my promise of finishing at least one row per day and thus, slowly, I have reached the final bit: The short rows and the collar. Which means I am so very close to be done. But since I really need to have one project that I can work on anytime, anywhere I cast on a little wool vest for a newborn friend. The yarn is very soft, baby merino wool. Almost fluffy! The best thing about the snow is of course how well it goes with all this knitting... 

3 comments:

  1. wow! snow already! it looks so lovely. we are still in the mid 90's here. it would be nice to be a bit cooler. enjoy your snow and your knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! It sounds like you two had a blast in the snow! Your sweater looks beautiful. Love the color you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love snow and your snowman is lovely. I love the colour of your yarn - it's so good when the end is in sight!

    ReplyDelete