Tuesday, August 26, 2014

one woman's stash... is a another woman's new stash


A lot has been going on a around here in the past week, peeking on Saturday when I ran a half-marathon in under two hours and then went to two parties. Fortunately, Sunday was quiet and now we are slowly easing into our weekly rhythm. Next weekend is a big one, as well, with Ósk's baptism and first birthday party. And the weekend after that, we're leaving for a two week trip to Greece! So the simple life is not really happening as it is. I do my best to keep our weekly rhythm in tact to help the children feel better in this chaos. These are all great blessings and loads of fun but I do look forward to the end of September when our life will be back to normal. Until then, I will enjoy this busy, exciting time.

One of the parties I went to was my friend Linda's birthday. She had invited a few yarn-loving gals over for soup and white wine - and then she pulled out everything from her yarn storage and we went trough it all, organizing, pondering, admiring and sharing crafting stories and jokes. The best party ever, is you ask me! She gave me a small skein of Dream in Color Classy from her stash, a yarn I had been wanting to try, and I just couldn't help but cast on a pair of gloves for Ósk the following morning. It's the last stashbusting project, too, so having moved on to other people's stash is quite amusing! Later this week, I plan on blogging about all the projects I've finished for this challenge - they're not so few, I tell you.

I admit that I keep questioning me why on earth I have so many projects going on. I feel like I'm always trying to simplify and have lesser to focus on but somehow I manage to still start new projects weekly and then constantly dream of others worth starting. This will remain a mystery to me. *sigh*
Until I figure my own mysterious ways out, I better keep calm and keep knitting.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely colour and such a cute little mitten! Congratulations on the marathon results - sounds like there is a lot of 'running' in your life at the moment ;-) Enjoy the pace and Greece. The colour of your yarn might be a hint at your journeys joys!

    ReplyDelete