Tuesday, July 29, 2014

silk cap for cutie




With all the rain we've had this summer, sitting in my front yard knitting in the sun while the kids play has not been happening daily, not even weekly come to think of it. Yet, it is one of the things I love most about having a yard and I will miss it. Moving day is next Friday, so soon! In between all the preparations I am knitting this tiny blue silk cap as this month's stashbusting project and since today is sunny I can't bring myself to stay inside with cardboard boxes. I'd much rather to be outside looking at pretty flowers, my sweet kids while knitting with silk!

I did a test crochet with this deep blue BC Garn Jaipur Fino Silk Fibre in April and thought to myself that the leftovers would be a perfect amount for a baby silk cap. One of my oldest and dearest friends is having a boy in two weeks and this will be his welcome-to-the-world gift from me. I've never knitted with pure silk before and as you can see in the photo it is a bit unforgiving compared to wool. Some rows I've done a couple of times but it still has visible flaws. Never mind, since the color is awesome and a silk cap is such a practical thing for a baby, it doesn't have to be perfect.

Since I'm moving in four days and don't know when I'll have good internet (or good time...) it might be a while until my next post. Stay tuned :)
Knitting on and along with Frontier Dreams :)

No comments:

Post a Comment