Sunday, July 27, 2014

treasure time










Last week we took a mini-trip after Oddur had finished his work day and drove for about an hour to the beach at Stokkseyri and Eyrarbakki in South-Iceland. The beaches there are very sandy and rather large. I had never been there before but Oddur had told me when he was a kid and went there with his grandfather and how magical it was to him then. So we decided it would be fun to go there as a family and go treasure hunting for shells. The weather could have been better (I feel like this is a sentence I use very often in my blog posts!) but we found many beautiful shells and some glass pieces the sea had softened down. Everyone had a good time and now we have started a collection of beach treasures for the children's playroom. We'd like to add more types of shells though and are already planning on another trip soon. I feel it adds a lot to the charm of the toys when they are natural, from your own area and carry lovely family memories in them as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment