Tuesday, August 12, 2014

doll making in the midst of moving


My doll kit from Weir crafts arrived and I am very satisfied with what I received. The materials are good, the instructions are super easy to follow for a beginner such as myself and the package arrived even faster than I expected. Recommended! I am already well on my way with making the cuddly doll for Ósk's first birthday. This is quite the addictive craft, I must say. My knitting needles haven't been idle though, actually I am working on three different projects with not much happening in any one of them, heh. One stitch at a time, I say. In my defense I have been very busy....


... moving!

Self-portrait in the middle of moving chaos. Translation of the icelandic phrase above the mirror can be found here
She loves plums!

We're almost done settling in our new home, if you can look past the fact that our bookshelf is undergoing a bit of a makeover so our books are still all in boxes and that I keep moving the photos and paintings around since I just can't seem to find their "right place" in our new home. Other than that, it's like we've been here always. I am really in love with this apartment and would like to live here forever. 



Walking practice is her favorite thing to do these days...
A hair cut is due...


I seized the opportunity and put a lot of my children´s toys into the storage room. Clutter and non-quality materials seem to so easily pile up in play rooms. I have been doing some self-education reading this book and this book (both great!) and I have to say it's really eye-opening. 



And I finished the small Waldorf doll - my first one ever! He was a gift to Úlfur who is so happy with this mama-made toy, he plays with it every day. He named the doll Álfur, the Icelandic word for "elf" and finger knitted him a scarf. The little gnome has even been given his own little home with paintings on the wall and what not. Joy for everyone :)

Crafting on and along with Frontier Deams - so many craftalicious links!

2 comments: