Monday, May 12, 2014

returning in a different language









































It's been so long since I've written a blog post, I actually feel a bit rusty at this. We've been super busy! Oddur's exams, then his grading his own students exams, and starting work at the law firm all in the same week. Meanwhile I've been signing Ósk up for daycare (gasp!), arranging my comeback to the book store after the maternity leave, finishing the design of my very first pattern, which I can't wait to share with you but it's still a secret due to publishing policy. Oh, and I've been test-crocheting for others as well. That actually took over my crafting time (and then some) for quite a while, resulting in me doing no knitting at all. This little hat, a delayed First Day of Summer gift for Ósk, is the first thing I've picked up since and it's just lovely returning to this favorite craft of mine. I already finished Úlfur's hat and will be sharing photos when I finish this one. I've also been running quite a lot, and Oddur's training has become almost daily now since his 55 km mountain run is only two months away.

I have very mixed feelings about sending Ósk to daycare so soon, since she's only 8 months old now. I plan on letting her stay for only a few hours every day for the first months. On the other hand I feel that I really need to get back to work and I know they will take good care of her. Today I was so overwhelmed by how time flies and everything changes that I got out my camera and photographed random things in our home, just to help me capture them in this state forever. Yup. When I plugged the camera to the computer this evening I realized I've taken almost no photos for weeks, let alone imported them to my computer. That really goes to show how busy I've been!

And from now on, I will be blogging in English. Icelandic is a pretty rare language... But it's the one I'm best at so please excuse my silly English-skills. I'll try to improve at it as I go along.
Until next, thank you all for stopping by :) I have many posts planned for the next two weeks so things wont be as quiet around here as they've been lately.

4 comments:

  1. hello! greetings from california. we are friends on ravelry, i think your knitting is so lovely. congratulations on all the good things happening there for you and your husband. my husband does those long distance mountain trail runs too! your babies are beautiful and your english is brilliant! i'm looking forward to your first pattern. take good care, lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! I'm adding a link to your blog to my sidebar :)

      Delete
  2. Ég sakna þín, Sigurlaug. Sérstaklega í skólanum á kvöldin en líka bara svona almennt! Ég er alveg að komast í sumarfrí og þá væri gaman að hittast meira og oftar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sömuleiðis segi ég nú bara - sem betur fer er ég svo laus við á daginn í sumar að við getum örugglega hisst oft og mörgum sinnum :) Stefnum allavega á það, ég hlakka til!

      Delete