Wednesday, April 29, 2015

when the going gets slow...


After completing three clues quickly and with a smile, I had a huge setback in this week's clue in the mkal. I made one.single.error. in row 10 and didn't discover it until row 20. And oh, the undoing that awaited me! With my busy time in school it literally took days just to set things right. I stuck it out though in the hope of still having a chance of finishing this clue before next Friday. I have an early morning flight to Helsinki tomorrow so I have some spare time, I'd say. 




It's only me and Oddur going so we'll be having a lot of just-us time. Love it. And even though it will be hard to be separated from these sweet little artists of ours they will be in the very safe hands of my mother who's moving into our apartment for the weekend. And she'll have help from Oddur's parents and our sisters and brothers... so, plenty of family my children can count on! We are so very blessed with all this great people around us.


Leftover yarn alien mittens (First day of summer 2015)

Pattern: Pacman-púkar by G. Dagbjört Guðmundsdóttir
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino and Shibui Baby Alpaca
Needles: 2.5 mm and 3.5 mm


Pattern: Dorritarpilsið by Sigríður Margrét Jónsdóttir
Yarn: Tern, Geilsk Uld/Bomuld, Yaku and Gepard Cotton Wool
Hook: 3.5 mm 



Pattern: Milo by Georgie Hallam
Yarn: Phildar Pur Angora and Shibui Baby Alpaca
Needles: 4.0 mm 





Well. When I have a tough time with my knitting, such as I am having this week due to my stubbornness with the mystery knit-along, it really does brighten my mood to stare long and hard at my already accomplished things, be it actually modeled on my beautiful babies, placed on shelves or in baskets around our home or made eternal by photographs. I did manage to finish the kids' First Day of Summer gifts last week and was rather proud of myself. The skirt is a bit on the larger side for Ósk even though I went down half a hook size but that's fine since I suspect she'll grow into it eventually. The mittens were a hit and as you can see in the photo they have already, in only a couple of days, taken on a worn kind of look. 

To try and further lighten up I also finally got around to photographing the little vest I made for Ósk a few weeks back. It fits so perfectly and is so soft and we just love it. I modified the pattern a bit, inspired by the way Nicole did earlier but instead of the garter stitch going all the way down I switched to stockinette after the yoke was done and then did a little garter trim before casting off. It's a nice little pattern with the cable though and I might just try that when this one starts to look too small. 

I'll be back here on Friday with my second "Moments" photo and then again on Sunday or Monday with photos from the trip (eeek!). Until then - it's Finland, baby!

ps. I'm linking up with Frontier Dreams and can't wait to browse through all the inspiring crafting links being shared!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are having a great trip with lots of knitting time :) I am still "fighting" my way through clue 4, I made a mistake as well and had to rip back (aargh!). I have knitted several milo vests, I love the pattern, I think I will turn it into a wee tunic the next time I knit it by increasing at the sides to give it a A-line shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ripping out mkals is so frustrating because of the deadline issue. I really like to finish my clues "in time" for the next one so every set back annoys me even more than usually. Patient, I am not! Hope you are having a great week as well. And do knit that tunic milo so I can borrow your modification notes :)

      Delete