Tuesday, July 8, 2014

last one standing


I have finally picked up where I left on my Morganite sweater, in the meantime managing to make peace with the fact that the pattern had major errors and that I had to rip the lace yoke part out and start over. I'm done with the horrible ripping-out-part and am now well on my way with the repairing and reknitting. The silver lining of it all is that I found an Icelandic knitter on Ravelry who already knit this pattern in the same size, had the exact same problem with it and even recalculated the whole thing to make it add up! She was so kind to give me her notes and now all I have to do is to copy what she did. The endless support and advice the online knitting community is willing to give never ceases to amaze me. Thank you!

This sweater is the last project from my (now former) pile of work-in-progress. The last one! And did I mention that I can't wait to wear it?






A neck warmer for Ósk
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerinio and Juno Fibre Arts Milly Singles
Needles and hook: 3.5 mm
Pattern: Improvised

I did manage to finish a small stashbusting project for the month of June as part of the 12-months-of-stashbusting challenge I am participating in. I knit a simple neck-warmer from my Juno leftovers and I love the outcome. So soft and warm, so simple and handmade - and totally improvised. And the best part in my opinion is that it matches my shawl, so my sweet little mini-me and I can dress the part :) 

Thanks for stopping by! Best wishes to everybody - I have a camping trip planned next weekend so I don't think I'll be back here in a week or so. À bientôt!

2 comments:

  1. Kraginn er æðislegur! Og Óskímon alltaf jafn mikið krútt!
    Ég sakna þín mega! Hvenær kemur þú í bæinn? Ég gæti þurft að fá þessar nótur hjá þér þar sem ég er að fara að gera þessa peysu, ætla að nota Snældu í 2 gráum tónum. Dekkri að munstri og tóni ljósari í munsturprjónið sjálft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ég sakna þín líka! Ég er í örstuttu stoppi í bænum eins og er en verð í útilegu um helgina. Við skulum stefna á að hittast aðeins í næstu viku, það væri dásamlegt. Ekkert mál að láta þig hafa leiðréttingarnar og ekki vanþörf á, þvílíkt bull sem þessi uppskrift er á köflum! Tveggja tóna hljómar geðveikt spennandi og ég hlakka til að sjá. Heyrumst eftir helgi :*

    ReplyDelete