Wednesday, April 22, 2015

last day of winter



I am cutting it close with my children's Summer gifts but I am almost done with the mittens and almost done with the skirt. Almost almost. I hope I can finish it tonight since the national holiday of The First Day of Summer is tomorrow. This gift stressing moment ironically enough is a major help with not stressing over my finals and school research deadlines. Such instant gratification crafting can be a real boost of energy when times are stressful. Especially when I feel I don't have time for anything. I find that it is exactly then that it is most important that I make time for some crafting. 

So today is the Last Day of Winter, according to the Icelandic national calender. I am so ready for spring (as readers may have noticed already, ahem) and my future summer salad seems to agree since the lettuce, rocket and spinach have all begun peeking their little green heads out of the soil. Oh, yes, only four days since we put them in there. How I love instant success!

Joining Frontier Dreams for KCCO :)

4 comments:

  1. Love the colours of your projects. The mittens look gorgeous and the skirt will be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt is just adorable - what an interesting pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from an Icelandic crochet book project that I was lucky enough to be a part of last year, with one of my own patterns included. It's not my pattern though, but it's simple and looks lovely.

      Delete