Wednesday, May 28, 2014

stashbusting with pride



Early March this year, I was visiting my great grandmother Sigurlaug (we share a name) and she was telling me that unfortunately she no longer could knit or crochet since her hands ached too much. She is such a talented and experienced knitter and has made many gorgeous things for her rapidly growing family through the years. She told me she had been making this beautiful granny square blanket for Ósk and asked me if I could finish it for her. I was very proud to say yes! Since then I've been very busy and this little blanket has been waiting for me in my WIP basket. But now I've decided that it's perfect as my May project in the stashbusting challenge I'm participating in. So now I'm competing against time, trying my hardest to finish before Sunday when June comes around. Wish me luck!


And speaking about stashbusting... this sweet daughter of mine got a new hat from my friend Hildur Ýr, hostess of the stashbusting challenge, none the less. It was knit only from leftovers and the stripes are in my opinion a marvelous proof that sometimes the best creative solutions spring from limited materials :) Takk Hildur!

More soon! Best regards and thank you all for stopping by. 
ps. I finished my shawl. It is huge. And totally worth every hour spent on it. I have a photo session planned for tomorrow and crossing my fingers the sky will get rid of it's dark clouds of past days... 

6 comments:

  1. Fallegt teppi og dásamlega falleg húfa á dásamlega fallegri stúlku!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Takk! Ég get nú ekki með góðri samvisku eignað mér heiðurinn að teppinu og húfunni en ég á helling í þessari dásamlegu stelpu :)

      Delete
  2. That's going to be a wonderful blanket :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I love the colors great grandmother picked out.

      Delete
  3. Heppin Ósk að fá svona fína húfu!
    Hlakka mikið til að sjá teppið fullklárað :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, ég líka! Svo sumarlegt og fínt. Sjáumst kannski á morgun ;)

      Delete